As daughters of the Church and in devotion to her, our intent is to be faithful to her teachings and to lead a life of zeal, engaging in apostolic activity penetrated by a religious spirit. We live for the Church, and by serving her we enter into the mystery of Christ. (Constitutions of the Congregation)
For 800 years, the Order of Preachers has sought to bring the Truth that is Christ to a world in need of evangelization. In our Congregation’s one hundred and fifty year history, we have lived the motto of the Order, “to contemplate and to give to others the fruits of our contemplation,” by giving the fruits of our contemplation in the apostolate of Catholic education. With love for Truth and dedication to the Church, our sisters have brought generations of young people the message of Christ.
Responding to the call of Pope John Paul II for a “new evangelization” and to the growing need in the world for witness to the Gospel message, we have extended our presence in schools throughout the country and beyond. The continued request from Bishops for our sisters to serve in Catholic schools is a clear indication that the harvest is indeed very rich.
Our mission encompasses the following goals:
- To enlighten minds and inspire hearts with knowledge and love of the Truth, especially the Person of Christ, the Source of all Truth
- To encourage reverence for the Holy Eucharist, devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and fidelity to the Church
- To promote a greater awareness of the sanctity of human life and the dignity of the human person
- To provide students with a solid liberal arts education, so that with a strong academic foundation and the development of their personal gifts, they might more freely respond to their God-given vocation
- To promote an authentic Catholic culture, thereby enabling students to appreciate all that is good, true and beautiful
- To strengthen family life by offering support, guidance and instruction to parents in their role as the primary educators of their children